ProjectsUp one level
On-going Research Projects
- BioCORE - Tools, models and techniques to support research in biodiversity
- Project encompassing Computer and Biological Sciences. It aims at solving theoretical and implementation issues regarding the management of scientific data, such as, natural images, videos, geografic data and data of collections of species.
- eFarms - a two-way road from small farms to the networked world
- Multidisciplinary project combining research in Computer Science and Agriculture. Funded by the FAPESP-Microsoft Research Virtual Institute.
- Producing and Publishing Component-based Digital Content Building Blocks
- The goal of the project is to provide scientists who work in environmental/biodiversity issues with a system that supports exploratory multimodal queries over heterogeneous biodiversity data sources. These sources include images (photos of living beings or their habitats), geographic data, ontologies, domain-specific metadata, as well as data on collections, species and so on.
- Managing satellite image databases for agro-environmental monitoring
- This project is financed by a bilateral international cooperation between CNPq (Brazil) and GMD (Germany). It started in 2007, and will end by the end of 2010.
- AMIB - Algorithms to Manage Images in Biodiversity research
- Previous Projects